Thursday, February 5, 2009

New Shoes!

When the sides of my lower legs start to hurt, it only means one thing... my shoes must be pretty worn. I got out my trusty training log (aka buckeye outdoors online) and counted up the miles on the new shoes... yeah. Over 500 miles. Ouch. I know better than that. So I finally made it to the running center here in Springfield, where the guy kindly asked if I wanted to buy his last pair of size 81/2 Asics GT 2130's for 65 bucks or if I wanted to upgrade to the 2140's for 100 bucks. Hmm.... that's a no brainer. I own GT 2130's and I love my 2130's, therefore, um, yeah... I'll stick with the 2130's! Gees... 35 bucks is a big difference.

Anyway, I got home and had to do a 3 mile easy run today anyway, so I broke them out of the box, got them on, and headed out the door. I love new shoes. So shiny. So new. They are just a little bit stiff, but they'll be perfect in about 2 to 3 more runs. I'm so excited!

Wait until you see my next post. I've got a big present to myself in the mail... I can't wait!

No comments: