Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Runner turning Triathlete

Ok, so I listened to a new podcast... Kelownagurl Tris Podcast (kelownagurltris.blogspot.com) and by the second episode I was totally inspired to "try the tri" I'm so excited! I went out yesterday and got a membership to the gym so that I can use the pool. I was looking for any excuse to get one anyway, I just couldn't justify the money spent for just running when I can run outside. So I had my very first day at the gym today. I did the 3 mi run on the treadmill. This was my very first time running on a treadmill and it was.... uh .... interesting. I think I'll stick to the roads whenever possible.

Then I got to go to the pool. I had on my new nike 1 pc swimsuit and my new speedo goggles. I didn't expect much out of today's swim... just kind of introducing myself back into lap swimming (I was on the swim team as a young kid, so I had a select few memories of it). I took it easy and did just 500 yds... uh... meters... uh whatever. I'm so not well versed in tri talk. I will try to fit some cycling in this week also, but I'm trying not to overdo it. I'm having a hard time letting go of any of my runs, so for now I'm just stacking the swimming and cycling on top of my 5 day a week running schedule. It's not too bad for now, since I just started. Eventually, I assume, I will have to let go of my two easy runs a week to get in some harder swim/cycling days. So, day 1 a success!

No comments: